suggestion for mods;

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
I hope this doesn't offend anyone as it's only an observation and suggestion;

Imo, the areas - Wales, england north, encland south etc are a bit vauge.

Wouldn't east anglia, east midlands, west midlands etc work?

I'll explain what I mean as an example - I live in lincoln, lincolnshire, like anywhere else, the east midlands has plenty to offer outdoors and even has it's own "personality" for example, lincolnshire (and most of the east midlands) is very flat.

I've not been on here for very long but I'm keen to get involved, I found that there's a meet happening at the end of the week at middlewood - which, as it turns out, is a bit too far for me (115 miles). So I had a look at the midlands area who are also holding a meet soon bit it's near coventry which would be nearly 90 miles for me. Generally though, anywhere in the east midlands would be much closer. I hope I'm not alone.

Is it just that there's so few of us it means most have to travel long distances to meet up with others?

Again, no offence intended.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I don't think you're in danger of offending anyone as it's a sensible question.
Even if the sub-forum was to be split down into counties each sub sub-forum would cover a huge area. The 'Meetups and social chatter' part of the forum was split into regions very recently so there might (at some point) be the opportunity to adjust bits and pieces.

Having said that, as they stand, the regions are a bit vague - Coventry is in the West Midlands and, therefore, should be in 'England Mid', however if you follow the 'From here to there and across' bit under each sub-forum header it should be put in with the 'England South East' Meets (Coventry is South of Birmingham and East of Swindon) - the site we use has a Midlands post code so that's where I stick the Meets' threads :D .

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
I'm not saying traveling wouldn't be worth it, just that perhaps organising it could prove an advantage, especially if (like me) you can't afford to travel very far.

What if the existing division had sub-forums, like for the midlands - north midlands, south, east and west. Perhaps members could get together easier, like I'd be looking at both the midlands section and the east midlands section and, in turn, if I found somewhere for a meet, particularly if it could only accommodate a limited number, it would go in the east midlands sub-forum.

Not a complaint, merely a suggestion.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I can see what you mean but at the moment I don't think that it's at all difficult to find what you're looking for (or, of course, find that it isn't there). Hopefully, if/as more members are able to find places to hold Meets I'll have to start using 'Coventry' in our Meet thread titles - the more accurate the title the easier it is to find.
The 'Meetups and social chatter' part of the forum was separated into the regions because, over the years, it had become cluttered and it was becoming difficult(ish) to find Meet threads amongst all of the other stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE