Squid fishing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
Since the decimation off most sea species ,the squid have moved in numbers .Everybody’s catching them in Brighton n on southern coast and winter is best time apperently.And there catching them in moray firth aswell I live in Yorkshire and was wondering iff there’s any being caught on Yorkshire coast salt n pepper squid is delicious and Brighton is a long trip for me .

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I'd be fishing locally, might be a pleasant surprise to keep quiet about (says a calamari lover.) West coast sea temperatures here have gone up enough to keep the Monterey calamari moving a little north, every decade.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
No signs of them from what I've heard. No doubt they will spread further north with climate change though- it wouldn't surprise me if a few are already showing to the commercial boats. Wales might be your best bet, Anglesey perhaps. West coast is a lot warmer than the East!

Reactions: Madriverrob

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
No signs of them from what I've heard. No doubt they will spread further north with climate change though- it wouldn't surprise me if a few are already showing to the commercial boats. Wales might be your best bet, Anglesey perhaps. West coast is a lot warmer than the East!
I wish I lived in Brighton squid makes a nice change from trout n rabbits up here

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Fresh calamari is beautifull you should try it.
If you’re coming down this way, give me a shout. We‘re currently just north of the South Downs near Chichester, but moving a few miles south back to the coast again pretty soon.

You’ve got me seriously tempted to see what I can grab off Bognor pier, I love calamari but hate the frozen stuff.

Reactions: 1 pot hunter

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
If you’re coming down this way, give me a shout. We‘re currently just north of the South Downs near Chichester, but moving a few miles south back to the coast again pretty soon.

You’ve got me seriously tempted to see what I can grab off Bognor pier, I love calamari but hate the frozen stuff.
Most definitely it’s going to be a while yet cos I need to buy a new car but when I’m down il give u a shout for sure .

Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE