Soloista tent long term review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geriatricnurse

Oct 28, 2014
North Owersby
I bought this little tent for just under £20.00 from Go Outdoors and have had it now for over a year. I have taken it to motorbike rallies and various other places. What a cracking bit of kit it has turned out to be. It is big enough for one medium size person and I am 68 with dodgy knees and hips and I can manage to get inside it and have a comfortable nights sleep. The inner tent has mesh doors on both sides. One is for getting in and out and the other allows access to a very useful storage area under the outer fly. Last night I camped out and the weather for june was atrocious with torrential rain and high winds. The low profile of this little tent means that it was very resistant to winds and no rain whatsoever got inside . I think this tent is ideal for stealth camping. The only problem in this regard is the fluorescent guy ropes and some fluorescent trim on the ventlation flap. However a cheap camo tarp or some scrim camo netting would disguise it almost completely.
It is a shame that Go outdoors no longer sell this little jewel, there seems to be very little around that is such good value for money.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Thanks for sharing. I too have had this tent, and would definitely agree with your comments. It was light(ish), packed down small, well made and performed pretty well. I got mine for about £20 in a go outdoors sale. I used it for a while and ended up selling it for a small profit on ebay!

To be honest, I got rid of it because I was introduced to hammocking! I also upgraded the tent to a vango Banshee 200 as I wanted to be able to sit up in the tent and have a bit more living space. The Soloista tent is great however if all you need is a sleeping quarters and somewhere to stow your gear.

You can still buy a version of this tent at Go Outdoors, it's just been re-branded with their slightly posher 'OEZ' brand and marked up at £50!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE