Snugpak Response Pak questions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Hi.

Couple of quick questions re: Snugpak Response Pak

How large is the main compartment in litres? and what are the internal dimensions in cm (sorry, used to continental measuring here)? Would a US-Army Waterbottle or a SLR type camera fit the main compartment?

Where's the difference to the similar looking but a lot more expensive Maxpedition Proteus Versipack Bag? Surely the price difference must have some substance??

How easy is it to mod a shoulder strap? And how would you go about it - pics appreciated :D

Cheers for your help

Mike

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
How large is the main compartment in litres?

maybe about 2 litres, I'm thinking about 2 of those milk carton things, it's pretty capacious though, seems to swallow a lot

and what are the internal dimensions in cm (sorry, used to continental measuring here)?

about 23cm wide x 13cm deep x 8cm tall

Would a US-Army Waterbottle or a SLR type camera fit the main compartment?

UK one fits don't know the difference in size

Where's the difference to the similar looking but a lot more expensive Maxpedition Proteus Versipack Bag? Surely the price difference must have some substance??

This is my opinion. I've not seen the proteus in the flesh but own a snugpak and have handled a cheap ebay copy. I don't think there's too much between them tbh, the cordura is about the same thickness, stitching looked OK and will be repairable.

How easy is it to mod a shoulder strap? And how would you go about it - pics appreciated :D

the ones on ebay have clips for a shoulder strap, if you're not sure about the sizing I'd go for one of these, I'll dig out a link. Link here never used these guys and there are probably better suppliers around, a search on here should turn up some.

Hope this helps,

Alan

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yup I ware mine bandoleer fashion as well. A quick tug and its around the front to be opened up or to be got out of the way if you are sitting with your back to something.

ATB

Tom

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Cheers guys for the detailed info, very much appreciated :)

:You_Rock_

Alan, also thanks for the link.

ATB

Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE