Sheath for Mora Bushcraft Black

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
I really love this knife. After owning and using customs and a lot of models I tend to really like this one.
Now a model with a wooden handle and no coating Mora :)

Anyway the sheath was so ugly and bad (lose a knife) so a made a new one

3,6 mm veg tan leather
no 8 tread
neatsfoot oil + beeswax/pinetar mix finish

Hope you folks like it ?
DSC_0017_zpshcux7x0x.jpg

DSC_0016_zpsvayyekwt.jpg

DSC_0015_zpshsu7ui8o.jpg

DSC_0014_zpsltte9xgm.jpg

DSC_0013_zps6saejwn7.jpg

Last edited:

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Great looking sheath. I also love my mora's. Though I've nothing to compare as I've never owned anything else except a condor, which I don't use at all.
I will be taking the baton and will have a go at a sheath for mine too. Thanks for sharing.

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
no thanks Quietone, so good you will have a go too :) please share the result.
Ps I have a (very good) woodlore clone 4mm too, but I prefer 3mm. Just better performance and strong enough. I hardly use that woodlore clone...

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
no thanks Quietone, so good you will have a go too :) please share the result.
Ps I have a (very good) woodlore clone 4mm too, but I prefer 3mm. Just better performance and strong enough. I hardly use that woodlore clone...

Okay, will do. Doubt mine will be as good as yours though. I recently put a wooden handle on my mora 2000. Completely changes the feel of the knife, as you would expect. But there is something else, which makes it all the better. I did it. Something I'd never have thought was possible but for this forum of strangers and the inspiration they spread. Pat yourselves on your backs chaps.

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
that is so cool, I mean, everybody got his own touch, and I like it when I can see that
It's always good if you like it
ha!
hehe

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
thank you Dewi.
Yeah I think I got Lucky with the stiching :).
The shape is a favorite of mine, a combo of ideas of mine and Ian Atkinson Leather and Ray's Woodlore Knife Sheath
The weld inside is exactly fitting to the blade, which no one can see :) :)

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
thanks John! we can shake hands, I mean nothing bushcraft about shopping at a (Multi)national store.
The satisfaction of you own stuff is so great.
Loved your second thread alot!!! wish we could meet up :) I prefer UK to Holland, nature, nature people.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE