roots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wattler

Oct 14, 2005
Kent
www.forager.org.uk
Does anyone have any views about wild roots? I am researching this for a book at present. Has anyone had good results with wild parsnip, wild carrot, burdock or others? I find them all too tough at best good for flavouring. silverweed though is excellent. Any helpful leads on this will be credited in the book! I want to give an honest evaluation but I don't want to do that based on just my experience, which perhaps don't do these plant parts justice. redeeming root stories anyone?

leon-1

You need to speak to Marcus Harrison, he runs the Wild Food School based down in Lostwithiel (sp??). He has a number of books out and a lot of the recipies are taken from olden days when people really new how to prepare these things. Marcus is also more interested in making these things taste good.

As a user on here his username is Jumbalaya.

Neil1, Fenlander and few others are pretty knowledgeable about these things as well. Someone who is always worth talking to is Toddy, whether she knows what you want or not she is still worth talking to.

I hope this will be of help to you:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE