[PORTUGAL] Serra do Risco - Serra da Arrábida

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jpgrilo

Tenderfoot
Here is some photos of my last exploration adventure with my wife to "Serra do Risco" in Portugal. Some say that here is located the biggest cliff in Continental Europe.

Link to the track we made

IMG_5793.JPG

IMG_5796.JPG

IMG_5800.JPG

IMG_5813.JPG

where did the trail go ????

IMG_5818.JPG

IMG_5860.JPG

IMG_5825.JPG

IMG_5826.JPG

IMG_5841.JPG

A Portuguese navy submarine in action

IMG_5846.JPG

IMG_5849.JPG

IMG_5878.JPG

IMG_5881.JPG

Time for some noddle and beef ...

IMG_5882.JPG

... and a coffee

IMG_5898.JPG

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its a civilised country, hunting is popular.

"Note: Since 2008 three new pieces of legislation governing hunting and the bearing of firearms in Portugal have been introduced.

1. Minors who are 16 or under may not hunt with firearms even under the supervision of an adult following a number of accidents (2009)
  2. Anyone who has more than TWO firearms at home must keep them in a safe or strongbox (2008)
  3. Hunters travelling in vehicles as passengers and carrying firearms are no longer liable under law to undergo an alcohol test if stopped by the police "

The friend I've stayed with who retired out there hunts all sorts including Boar. If my misses would cut the cord with Nursing and retire we could be out there doing the same, she is so bloody dedicated to the job...still loves it:rolleyes:

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
Thanks for a good report, nice pics and the very good map there!

I think the best way to get to know a new place is to walk
a path in the surrounding hills and get a feel for the landscape.

Your post made me want to go there and explore.

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE