Pics of recent summer Karamat course with Mors Kochanski

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike Harlos

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2004
Canada
Hi,

Just returned from the summer Karamat wilderness skills course. It was an incredible experience, and Mors is a remarkable individual!

They're still talking about all the UK folks that were there at the winter course. They were very impressed by the knowledge that you came with, and your enthusiasm to learn!

Here's Mors explaining the attributes of spagnum moss, and one of him carrying a fire bundle. We had all collected similar bundles, but of course his was huge and it took him about 2 mintues to gather it!:

mors.jpg

Some true tinder fungus:

TrueTinderFungus.jpg

Mors' fire bow base plate:

MorsFireBowSetUp.jpg

The Master at work:

MorsFireBow.jpg

My shelter :

shelter.jpg

Mors' handy clasp for the shelter tarp:

clothespin.jpg

A rabbit snare and squirrel snare:

snares.jpg

Bear sign (not fresh, thankfully :) )

bearscratches.jpg

Sunset at the base camp:

KaramatSunset.jpg

Regards,

Mike

Mike Harlos

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2004
Canada
Thanks everyone :)
Andy Brierley said:
Ditto, great pictures, what were you using?
I just bought a new camera (partly for the trip); it's a Nikon D70s digital SLR camera. I wanted something that had the convenience of digital but allowed for manual control over focus etc. So far, I'm very pleased with it, although I'm not a photo buff and it will take me a while to learn its potential.

Mike

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Thanks Mike,

I’ve had my eye on one of those. I used to be a Photographer and it is compatible with the range of lenses I have for my other Nikons. I think you just sealed the deal.

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE