Personal stove/Barbeque system

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
This has probably been done before but here is my compact one person folding stove/Barbeque.

Esbit makes the folding stove and I went for the large version. Cooking area is 130mm x 90mm. all I have done is cut and bent some flaps to hold the grill.

The grill is made from stainless steel silver soldered together.

I have not used this yet but think it will do a burger or couple of sausages perfectly if used with charcoal? Has the benefits of using multiple fuels and can be used as a pot stove or grill!

http://youtu.be/cikSCe9hqVQ

Hope you like?

d9809878b4c57a2a11199a09b1a4a63e_zps4a11652a.jpg

9e1f964786c7334c53f942e18c79a018_zps7dd82866.jpg

0416b0b16db552857f510868c37e19fc_zpsa5244472.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
As a small stove it's ok plus the grill makes it better, I've attempted to use them before on a journey to fimd a quick stove. I'd take the grill somewhere and get it welded solder will almost certainly fail. A couple of bits of metal down the side in the gaps will help the drafts.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Hmm, I was wondering if the silver solder would hold! I tried braizing it with another rod with blue flux coating on but it wouldn't stick! I suppose TIG welding would be best? I have a MIG welder, I've tried welding small pieces of rod before and it's tricky to impossible.

will make up some sides as well, ta for the advice!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Hmm, I was wondering if the silver solder would hold! I tried braizing it with another rod with blue flux coating on but it wouldn't stick! I suppose TIG welding would be best? I have a MIG welder, I've tried welding small pieces of rod before and it's tricky to impossible.

will make up some sides as well, ta for the advice!

Well giye it a go if you think so, but it's annoying when things fall apart.Cannot tell you how to weld it. The solid fuel are what bought me to woodstoves first.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I have never really used wood for fuel when out and about. Don't have any permissions so a bit of stealth is needed! However this last week I have been using BBQ charcoal for a few camp meals and I wanted to have a small stove to use it in when pack space is an issue.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE