PAC-A-MAC replacement

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
I keep a Regatta pack away jacket to hand as a casual rain coat & travel item. After a decade (or two) it’s leaking under the arms. I can try resealing but given how thin it is might get a replacement anyway and put in the breakdown bag.

The Peter Storm one seems very similar but has zips on the pockets, making them a bit more secure for hat and gloves.

I am after a compact stowaway item. It’s never going near a flame or undergrowth. Any recommendations?

Reactions: slowworm

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
We keep a couple of Mac in a Sacs in the campervan. Really handy, very similar to PacaMac. In a van, or car, or bag, being able to shake off the bulk of the water is essential. Trying to dry a Ventile in the van is almost impossible and we end up damp and steamed up.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Oops, my mistake, all sorted.

A mate of mine out detecting this morning found two gold coins and wanted help identifying them. Jammy sod :lmao:
Now I want to see them :)

I also posted the wrong link. The Mac in a Sac website is expensive, we only paid £10 for ours.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
I held off on the Froggs Toggs as there are a few reviews showing poor durability. Sizes run large apparently.

Target dry payment portal is being very slow. But I don’t need it until I get back.

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If something from Decathlon, so surely rather something in green, isn't it?

The Solognac equipment is usually the most robust option from Decathlon.
We talk here about lightweight jackets though.

Apart from the camouflage version they offer it also in plain green.

The jacket is short. I recommend to get the rain trousers too.

I didn't try the new cap, but it's surely also no fault to buy it.

The jacket lasted me only 4 years, but I carried usually a pretty heavy shoulder bag over it, hundreds, perhaps thousands of kilometers. I think that's the reason why the seam tapes fell off.

I bought a new one, exactly the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozmundo
D

Deleted member 56886

Bit pricey for a pac a mac, but I walk a lot (don't drive) and getting wet before arriving to camp is a nightmare! So I got myself one of these a while back and IMHO, it's worth the investment all day long. Great quality materials and construction built to last .Hangs down to my knees (kind of tall for a Welshman at 5' 10.75") so the rain doesn't drip at the waist and make you feel like you've developed incontinence half an hour into your hike.

da5bfa6eb1e0c3c18d4e7cf743c58307.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE