New Finnish Nature Documentary

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Has anyone managed to see or find a copy of The Tale of The Forest?

It seems a copy can be only ordered from a few Finnish web stores that may or may not ship to Central Europe [e.g. Metsän tarina (DVD + Blu-ray)]. The lowest price for a DVD and Blu-ray combination I have seen is only 7 €! These contain both dubbing in English and original Finnish audio with subtitles in English. If there is enough interest, I may try to arrange a group buy.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
It seems a copy can be only ordered from a few Finnish web stores that may or may not ship to Central Europe [e.g. Metsän tarina (DVD + Blu-ray)]. The lowest price for a DVD and Blu-ray combination I have seen is only 7 €! These contain both dubbing in English and original Finnish audio with subtitles in English. If there is enough interest, I may try to arrange a group buy.

I am certainly interested in a copy.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Järven Tarina ["Tale of a Lake"] will hit the Finnish theaters on 15 January 2016.

[video=youtube;-T6v94CAPGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T6v94CAPGc[/video]

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I thought Finland and Sweden had a history of not getting on :dunno:

Son1 reads and speaks Finnish (he has friends there :) I might pester him :D

Thank you for the links and heads up :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Why oh why wouldn't they include swedish or English??

The film has a version with Swedish subtitles in the theaters and the film probably has receives English subtitles after being released on DVD & Blu-ray in around six months. The previous release of The Tale of the Forest also had dubbing in English alongside the original Finnish version.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I only recently found this thread and after a quick search I found 'Tale of a Forest' on iTunes, English dialogue. I wouldn't mind it on DVD for my Dad but I'm looking forward to settling down with it.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
The film has a version with Swedish subtitles in the theaters and the film probably has receives English subtitles after being released on DVD & Blu-ray in around six months. The previous release of The Tale of the Forest also had dubbing in English alongside the original Finnish version.

Would it be possible for you to find me one?
Trid looking at Finnish pages, but I do not know the right places to look for one, even if the translator makes sense of it all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE