Loch Achray Meet 18-21 September

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gailainne

Life Member
is that andy's tarp's yir using , cool set up's

There was a fair swatch of different set ups; mine was a 2nd generation DD expedition with a Kathmandu tarp, I didn't bring my underblanket with me, didn't think I'd need it:rolleyes: , I had an old (plus 20yrs) -5 deg c down bag with a 3/4 old style therma-rest, which I must admit gave me a few cold spots during the second night. Time to dig out the new Alpkit Pipedream and the underblanket I think :cool:

Stephen

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Some piccies from me;

Campsite

P9190071.jpg

View looking up the Loch, pretty gloomy but brightened up Saturday afternoon

P9190069.jpg

View down the loch, Dunc Gregorach

P9190070.jpg

Campsite view in the afternoon, much sunnier!

P9200072.jpg

Church on Sunday
biggrin.gif

P9200076.jpg

Soloman heading down the Loch

P9200077.jpg

Gailainne trying after buying
wink.gif
He got the wrong colour though.

P9200078.jpg

Doc getting reacquainted.

P9200079.jpg

oo suits you sir!

P9200080.jpg

All from me I'm afraid apart from this wee video of us dowsing the fire. This was the 3rd barrel of about 30 litres of water on the fire and it still looked volcanic!

Cheers,

Alan

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
lol Alan nice pics. Forgot to thank you for the use of the canoes.

It was rather a good fire !!

I reckon the temperature around the Loch went up a few degress on Saturday night.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm glad I came by for a wee while :D
It was lovely to see Loch Achray actually as a beautiful place to be. All previous experiences (people apart) have been miserable for me. It's usually so wet, boggy and midgie ridden that it's the last place I want to visit.
This time it was dry, the sun shone through, the loch was calm, the ground wasn't saturated, no midgies biting and there were enormous dragonflies :D :cool:
The photos really do show what a good weekend it was :)

Nice one organising this Wanderingstar :approve: Thank you for the invite to join the company, and thanks to everyone else who was there, it's good to put voices to the posts on the forum :D

atb,
Mary

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Looks like a great time.

Sorry I never made it up but as usual went a bit wierd at the last minute. That's strike three:rolleyes: - time to just accept that social gatherings and I don't mix.

Cracking photos, that hint of autumn in the trees makes for some lovely colours. :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hello All,

Well I finally seem to have surmounted the plethora of probs keeping me away: - Site going down, loosing my password, home hub getting fritz-ed by Kamikaze geese attacks on the local power-line and me generally being a klutz.

Had a great time at the Achray meet, good to put people to online personalites. Many thanks to Shewie for the disk, has been watched a few times from the sick bed and has cheered me up.

Must say that Achray is only up the road from where I live and it's not a place I've really explored - yet!

Cheers for letting me see and play with all the toys you brought and dispelling my worries about larger groups. Also the mutt says cheers for putting up with him... despite hit dead fish antics on the last day. :yuck:

Here's a link to the very few pictures I took over the weekend.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/goatboysnoopdog/LochAchrey1#

TTFN
Colin.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Just got round to sorting this out I have a few others but they are quite big files I need to download Photoshop and have a fiddle . This picture pretty much somes up what its all about for me.
IMG_1313.jpg

Hope it works.

If not Ill be ringing Rich!!!:rolleyes: :lmao:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Arggh!
That nice pic just makes me wanna call in a sicky ( which I'd never do) and head off up there again tomorrow. Very nice.
Ho Humm, work tomorrow then. :(
Colin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE