Large Cats in Forest of Dean!!!!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pierre,

I understand your points, but we are talking UK here - no larger scavenger than a fox, huge population density, and no bones found of a large cat, ever, period. Sorry, I don't buy it on this tiny Island. An occasional escapee - sure. A viable breeding poulation but no conclusive evidence - nope. Happy to be convinced I'm wrong, but I'd need proof

Red (who sees many a part scavenged animal round here - but no Lions)

Cormac

Tenderfoot
May 26, 2006
S. Ireland
I have seen plenty of strange animals during my shooting,
there was supposed toi be a lynx around had army "snipers" and that out

my strangest though was a kangaroo
so i might believe most things
also had an eliphant visit school one day, that was memorable

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nah I'm with that - we have porcupine ...wallabies and wild boar round here. All well documented, photgraphed and evidenced.

Given they have been easy to "prove" the case for the prosecution rests!

Red

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
British Red said:
Pierre,

I understand your points, but we are talking UK here - no larger scavenger than a fox, huge population density, and no bones found of a large cat, ever, period. Sorry, I don't buy it on this tiny Island. An occasional escapee - sure. A viable breeding poulation but no conclusive evidence - nope. Happy to be convinced I'm wrong, but I'd need proof

Red (who sees many a part scavenged animal round here - but no Lions)

Not arguing for or against cats in the UK - just saying they are very tough to come across or find evidence at the best of times. Four or five years ago the MN DNR stated there are no longer any lynx in Minnesota. Our deputies quickly posted them eight photos of lynx taken within that year. So - I'd take any gov't pronouncements with a grain of salt.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Just been a show on the animal planet channel hosted by Ian Maxwell, it is repeated at 1am if anyone is interested. He found kill sites and said that they were big cat kills, I thought that the evidence he found was skimmed over, and wasn't really convinced.
I am open minded about this subject, I would really like there to be big cats out there, and I saw something big possibly a cat last year in the lakes, but it was a very brief sight and I would like it to have been a cat more than being really convinced!

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
British Red said:
no bones found of a large cat, ever, period.

If you take a look at http://www.britishbigcats.org/ there is a photo on the homepage- apparently of a Puma skull found by a farmer in Devon in 2005. The site seems quite interesting and has a few photos too. I would just say take a look and make your own mind up, (by the way I have nothing to do with B.B.C. or any other big cat group ;) I just became interested after four unrelated people I know mentioned having encountered a big black cat in the same area over a number of years). I find it frustrating that there are more people out there who have also encountered big cats but are reluctant to talk about it for fear of ridicule :confused:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
And the same site says they are still looking for "definitive proof" which casts some doubt in my own mind (they also expose a number of haoxes it seems - which does add somehat to their credibility).

I'm open to be convinced, but am yet to be so (although I must say thats very interesting and the first I have heard of such a find....wonder why Defra a re still denying such a thing....Piltdown?)

H

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
Hunter_zero said:
:lmao:

My £2k still stands, I'm good for the cash on the nail, just show me the cat, I'll sort the rest. :AR15firin

John (who knows his £2k is VERY SAFE).

Dear Hunter Zero

I must comment on your cavalier attitude towards these big cats. It is these very 'kill it' to 'prove it' demands that have reduced sightings of the Easter Bunny here in the English Midlands.
Shame on you sir!

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
nobby said:
Dear Hunter Zero

I must comment on your cavalier attitude towards these big cats. It is these very 'kill it' to 'prove it' demands that have reduced sightings of the Easter Bunny here in the English Midlands.
Shame on you sir!

still no takers then? wonder why?

John

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
I have to be honest and say I look for them in Abbottsbury when i do photography while walking, I have been told by many locals where they have seen a strange large sometimes black and sometimes light brown big cats.

I have also followed the routes i was given to the letter and found no trace of tracks, just happily playing bunnies, pheasants ( at the time ) sat in fields sheep dawdling along foxes cats and dogs.

If i were an animal and i sensed some ferocious killer hanging around , i would be hiding, nervous or lol even suicidal.

I do not debunk them, nor do i approve them, I simply look for the facts to make up my own mind.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE