Knife sharpener idea?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I would like a Wicked edge, I think it is the best sharpening system out there for repeat ability?

However the price is eye watering!

My idea would be to buy two of these.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professio...pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item2a2b87b5a1

....and fix them together and rig a stable knife mounting point and you would have a double sided Wicked edge style sharpener for £30?

Think I will try this when my selling spree eases up?

Steve

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I would like a Wicked edge, I think it is the best sharpening system out there for repeat ability?

However the price is eye watering!

My idea would be to buy two of these.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professio...pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item2a2b87b5a1

....and fix them together and rig a stable knife mounting point and you would have a double sided Wicked edge style sharpener for £30?

Think I will try this when my selling spree eases up?

Steve

Hmmmm.....

That looks like an EdgePro clone. The real thing goes for more than 10 times the price quoted in the eBay ad. I don't know much about the Wicked Edge system but the EdgePro is pretty good. The only issues I have with it are setup time and the tendency it has to scratch the blades.

How would you combine two of these?

Cheers!

Huon

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Well I reckon by just fixing the two bases together and making it able to stand so the blade is vertical and making a blade clamp would do?

The trouble with the sharpener in it's unmodded state is you can only do one side at a time. I have seen vids of Smokeeater908 using his Wicked Edge and the results are stunning.

To be able to get edges like that for £30 would be great? Plus I bet that extra 'stones' could be easily fashioned from Wet n dry?

Steve

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Well I reckon by just fixing the two bases together and making it able to stand so the blade is vertical and making a blade clamp would do?

The trouble with the sharpener in it's unmodded state is you can only do one side at a time. I have seen vids of Smokeeater908 using his Wicked Edge and the results are stunning.

To be able to get edges like that for £30 would be great? Plus I bet that extra 'stones' could be easily fashioned from Wet n dry?

Steve

I see, you mean to use the stone mounts and slides from the two systems but attache them to a vertical clamp. I see no reason why that wouldn't work.

As well as stones the EdgoPro system that I guess this is based on uses polishing tape glued to metal plates. You should be able to use wet and dry in a similar way. You may even be able to use EdgePro stones and plates in this system.

I have an EdgePro but these days find that freehand sharpening is more convenient and at least as effective.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE