Killarney Provincial Park back-country hiking trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Canadian Guy

Sep 29, 2005
Ontario, Canada
[FONT=&amp]This spring my Wife had somehow agreed to go "backpack camping" so I held her to her word and on June 29th we headed to Killarney Provincial Park to do a back-country hiking trip on the Park's "La Cloche Silhouette Trail":
https://www.ontarioparks.com/park/killarney

This was her first experience doing a back-country hiking trip so she packed light and I loaded up my Kifaru Pointman I had bought earlier this year with all my gear, common kit we would use and our food. I had two Kifaru long pockets attached as well as a Kifaru E & E.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
IMG_0187_zpssam4qgwz.jpg

IMG_0189_zpsw4x3i1sv.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Overall the pack was between 55 and 60 lbs but felt good once strapped on. The one long pocket contained my Hennessy Hammock and the other my poncho, extra water and other items that I might need to access easily while on the move. The E & E contained numerous small items such as a survival kit, fire starting kit and water purification. I was very happy with the Pointman's performance but it was at its volume limit on this trip, any more and a larger pack or more pocket's would be needed on the Pointman.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]We did a 4 day/3 night hike out and back trip totaling 22 Km along the "La Cloche Silhouette Trail" which is a 78 Km loop through the wilds of the park, much too far for a first time outing![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Here is a video of our trip as I took along a GoPro:
[video=youtube;XSQKOcYIjz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQKOcYIjz0[/video]
[/FONT]

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Nice one Canadian Guy, we were there, Bob and I, both brits from this forum in February, 9 days in the winter, seems a long time ago now. But we climbed 'the crack' and some of us took a load of photos, but I left my camera on the plane. Woops.

Beautiful place. We heard wolves making a kill, and one of the guys got a photo of a lynx.

If youre on hammock forums, we met with Chard, and Giblets, and Quiet, and John, and some others in Toronto. It took us 8 hours to get there, because there had been an accident on the main road to the park.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE