I love this knife more than I should...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rscornutt

Feb 12, 2014
Alabama, USA
Try as I might to find something about this knife to make me dislike it, I just can't. It is 1075 carbon steel. I would prefer something stronger, but I have had no problems. I would like a true scandi grind, but the convex edge works well. The sheath is fantastic. The spine is nice and sharp, perfect for scraping little bits of tinder and striking a ferro rod. I have done some skinning with it. It's not bad for small game, works well on deer.

I paid $30 for this knife. I will probably buy another and reprofiling to a true scandi.

I wish this much quality were available so inexpensively across the table.

The Condor generation II Bushlore.

81C3F4BB-8E07-4AF9-B440-6F3DA4B5C44C.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
It's a great thing to find a tool that suits as well as this obviously suits you; cost and place of origin don't come into it, in my view.

Glad you're happy with it, rscornutt.............................

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I have the same knife and for the money it's fantastic. It's as mentioned above this is my knife there are many like it, but this one is mine.
It does what I want and when it's broken ( unlikely ) I will buy another. Yes there's better but money to quality ratio there's nothing that gets close IMOP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rscornutt

Feb 12, 2014
Alabama, USA
It's nice steel eh? A joy to sharpen and use.

Yes. I usually prefer carbon steels like O1 tool (I have a custom on order now that is O1), but I have had no issues with it. It is easy to sharpen and holds an edge pretty well. Heavy use for a couple of days means it goes on a stone for a little but, other than that, stropping maintains it pretty well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE