Howdy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan Wound

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2006
Bristol
Although you may see this isn't my first post but may should have been, I've now got time to pop in here and intro myself.

I guess my interest in all this is down to my Grandad, we had sheep, orchards, ducks, chickens and a small trout lake, all of which Grandad looked after in his retirement, I used to spend all day with him 'down ground', he taught me to shoot, fish, how to look after our little bit of land, this covered everything inclusing felling trees, birthing ewes, building sheds, shooting from hides, taking note of all the trees, picking up apples for 50p a sack (ouch a wasp !!), eating the rabbits, pheasants, ducks we'd shoot, basically everything.

I did cubs and scouts and enjoyed it a lot although in the end I guess I stopped as it wasn't percieved as cool by the kids around me, hey peer pressure can be a b***h !! I've done a fair amount of climbing, mainly bouldering and was always up for hiking on the weekends, usually 20 miles with 20Kg in the pack, just for fun ?! (strange lad).

I'm now 26 and sales and team manager for a skateboarding company, I'm also the assistant manager of a (well the best imo) live music venue here in Bristol, I'm also in a touring band. What with working 60+ hours a week and band responsibilities it's vitally important to get away from it ALL, including people when I can. Hence bushcraft and 'down ground' i.e. my secret spot. Have done trips to Wales, Dartmoor and The New Forrest plus some more local to Bristol stuff. My next trip is to Norway which you may have seen in the 'Out and About' forum.

I've essentially been lurkng here for a few months, so here I am in the flesh/monitor, good to meet you !!

:)

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
HI Dan and welcome to bcuk seen you around good to know a little more about you nice intro sounds like you have a pretty busy life enjoy your ground time

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Welcome aboard to BCUK.... you sound like you are goingto fit right in at home here ... when you have the time ;)

Enjoy the forums
:D
Ed

Dan Wound

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2006
Bristol
Thanks chaps, it's strange this forum actually represents some sort of tranquility even though I'm sat at the same desk with the world going crazy around me !! Thank the lord and/or BCUK for small respites !!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Welcome to Bushcraft UK Dan, it’s good to have you and thanks for the great intro, it sounds like you’re a busy man!

You’ve already got stuck in on here so you know the score. If you’ve got any questions then ask away.

All the best
:D

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Welcomes matey!......I'm stunned that ye finds the time t' sleep even....lol
What 'live' venue does ye run mate?....I used t' run the 'ROCK INFERNO' here in Cardiff..(now retired from the Rock scene)......Got a few swabs there in brizzle might know o' ye....an' ye them.....??
Enjoy yer stay sah!......watch the smoke from the fire mind......makes yer eyes water s'thing fierce it do.... :lmao:

Dan Wound

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2006
Bristol
Oi oi Cap'n, I'm at 'The Croft' www.the-croft.com great fun, very tiring mind. Will be taking it down a gear or two as I approach winter, more time for getting away is needed and especially some time for fishing !!

Tony; Thanks mate, you know I will !! and re: your sig - I'll get my subscription sorted when I get back !!

Great to feel welcome guys.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE