Hello from West Yorkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 2, 2022
Huddersfield
Hi Everyone,
My name is Max and I've been practising bushcraft for four years. I live in West Yorkshire near the Pennine hills. I've always enjoyed walking in the landscape but haven't camped or done any bushcraft since I was a kid in the 70's and 80's. I'm in my 50's now so in a way I've come full circle.
I recently returned from a camp/canoe trip on the Roseland penninsula in Cornwall. A nice mix of coastline, woodland and a beautiful river. I'm looking forward to swapping ideas with everyone.

Aug 2, 2022
Huddersfield
Hello and welcome , Your Cornwall trip sounds great :thumbsup:
Thanks Rob.
Yes it was a really good trip. The percuil river is tidal and short but worth a days paddle if you're into canoeing. I see from your profile you live in Whitby- nice place! I bet you know the river Esk well. Can it be paddled by canoe?
Max

Reactions: Madriverrob

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Thanks Rob.
Yes it was a really good trip. The percuil river is tidal and short but worth a days paddle if you're into canoeing. I see from your profile you live in Whitby- nice place! I bet you know the river Esk well. Can it be paddled by canoe?
Max
The lower part below the tidal reach is quite short but a nice paddle into the harbour . There is a Canoe hire place on the weir that marks the tidal reach but upwards of there the Esk becomes quite shallow in parts , I suspect you would spend a lot of time wading ……,

Aug 2, 2022
Huddersfield
The lower part below the tidal reach is quite short but a nice paddle into the harbour . There is a Canoe hire place on the weir that marks the tidal reach but upwards of there the Esk becomes quite shallow in parts , I suspect you would spend a lot of time wading ……,

Thanks Rob. That's useful to know.

Aug 2, 2022
Huddersfield
I think there may be a couple of clips on Youtube .....

Both show the river carrying a lot of water , its only like that after heavy rain ....
Thanks for sending the Youtube clips. Looks a bit fast and dangerous after heavy rain!
I'll wait until the water level is a bit lower! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE