Hello, from Bournemouth

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 17, 2016
Bournemouth
Hello,

I'm 27 and I've always loved the outdoors. As a child I spent as much time in fields and forests as I could. I moved to Bournemouth last year for work and after years of sitting behind a computer for work and my degree want to get back into the wilderness and take up Bushcraft/Wild Camping (although the New Forest seems quite strict on that).

Nic Le Becheur

Forager
Sep 10, 2015
Ludlow
Hey GngrFox,

Welcome to the group.

I'm on the other side of the Forest, in Southampton, and spend a fair bit of time there. Can't blame the Forestry Commission since it's a popular holiday venue and they do derive a significant income from their official campsites. I wish there were some kind of accreditation or licensing system for wild campers, who could show a certificate of low-impact non-idiocy to FC keepers and National Parks Authority rangers, but there ain't.

Best,

Nic.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Its good to have you on here but please refrain from putting over the image that we flout the law and the rights of land owners, we've spent a long time building relationships that can be quickly damaged with talk of illegal camping etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE