Hello all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 16, 2017
Shrewsbury
Hi, I'm Eggle from Shrewsbury in Shropshire.
Shropshire is such a beautiful place to grow up in and live. As a kid I'd go into the woodland or marshes with my elderly neighbor, he'd been a poacher for many years and made the outdoors magical to my young mind, it wasn't just catching rabbits and salmon i learnt respect for the land around me and the creatures that used the land.
He new some basic bushcraft and also owed a choricle but I never seen him use it.
He passed away many years ago but the love of the outdoors stayed with me.

I'm now a 47year old granddad to a active 5year old girl and want to pass the magic on.
The bad news is I have a disabling condition called Fibromyalgia and other auto immune conditions, I've also had to have many spinal surgeries which has left me in permanent pain and needing a walking stick, the fine motor skill of my hands is also poor.

Yet I still get out and about and enjoy carving tool handles and making fishing floats.
The one thing I do need is the permission to collect small amounts of fallen wood and a woodland to practice bushcraft with my granddaughter.
I've asked the woodland trust but they have refused, things were very easy when I was a kid and these restrictions were unheard of to my hear and my neighbors.
Sorry for the long post 😂
Eggle

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi, and welcome.

Try private landowners, asking to camp on Woodland Trust land isn't going to get you anywhere. As for wood, I don't think anyone is going to be too bothered if you pocket a bit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE