Heads up, Monty Halls Great Hebridean Escape

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Monty Hall returns this Wednesday BBC2 at 9:00pm

From the BBC
After a year of city living, marine biologist and professional diver Monty Halls returns to live the good life in the Highlands and islands of Scotland. This time, he and his canine companion Reuben are sharing a restored crofter's cottage on the Hebridean island of North Uist. And this time, he has a job to do - a volunteer wildlife ranger.

Monty throws himself into island life - Highland Games, fishing for salmon and trout, and exploring the wildlife and remote reaches of his new domain. But winter is just around the corner, and he also needs to dig peat for fuel and fatten up pigs and turkeys for Christmas.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Agreed. It's not particularly bushcraft, it's not really crofting (or in this case ranging), and he's got an ego the size of a planet, but I still enjoy the escapism...

kombi

Apr 19, 2010
London
I was up in Applecross for a locals wedding weekend before last. This is the scottish village about 3 miles south of Montys 'bothy'. We went to the location, a beautiful wild beach - except for the MOD manned listening station about 400 yards from the bothy - which strangely never appeared on film),

Apparantly he never slept there (stayed in static caravan's on the camp site with the crew). They paid a local to garden (dig the veggies).I never thought that bothy looked lived in, there were holes in the walls!.

Excellent show, they got some great footage of the area. Truly stunning.

Looking forward to tomorrows show.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE