Glow in the dark axe and knife. (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
A couple of times this year I have had occasion to turn up at my camp spot late at night. I can set up my outfit in the dark without any problems and like to keep the torch off. One thing I would have really liked was to be able to "see" my knife and axe in an otherwise dark environment. So after much thought this is what I came up with.
Sorry about the pictures, but I think you get the idea. The effect is very good indeed in the dark, making your knife and axe easily visible. Its just a little GITD powder mixed with clear epoxy. I wanted to be able to clearly identify the cutting face of the axe and the poll, and the butt of my knife. I also used it on the beads and fire steel

Both axe handle and knife scales are pear, as are the beads and fire steel. I also stabilized the knife scales and beads for good measure.

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
That is fantastic, great idea there. How does it actually perform when you're out? Have you had a chance to test it properly yet? Very cool :)

Really nice knife and axe too!

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
That is fantastic, great idea there. How does it actually perform when you're out? Have you had a chance to test it properly yet? Very cool :)

Really nice knife and axe too!

It works really well, enough light so you wont loose them in the dark. Made the whole set up about a month back, used it since then. Left the axe by the wood pile at lunch, found it no bother after dark tonight, that's why I wanted to pass this on. I am also trying out some arrows with home made glow in the dark lacquer, cheaper than lumenoks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE