Get Lost!!! Where?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Green Dweller Beloved

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2007
Hampshire
Hi,

Some friends and I got back from a three night excursion to the Brecon Beacons recently. We stayed in the forest where all those beautiful waterfalls are on the south side. I think it's called Coed y Rhaeadr. A really nice area. Quite rugid in places, some good river crossings, clean fast running rivers, excellent camps and fires. If your are interested in visiting this area I'd really recommend it.

Anyway, I'm looking for a another venue for our next outing and wondered if you guys could recommend anywhere. We live on the Surrey/Hampshire border, but are prepared to travel for about 3-4 hours. We need somewhere where we can get outselves lost for a few days. Any rocky areas would be good as a couple of us are into bouldering (low level climbing) though this is not essential. I realise we have the New Forest nearby and we may consider that. What's the forest of Dean like? What other forested area's are nearby? Are the south downs worth a visit? Where do you guys go for a mulitday outing?

Thank you very much

GBD

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Dartmoor. I love the wildness of it. A good hike across the moor with the wind blowing you all over the place will clear out the cobwebs. If you like the Brecons you'll enjoy it. One word or warning though - you're not allowed fires when you camp and most of the wooded places are off limits to camping. Otherwise it's great.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE