Garden hammock rig

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
Being treeless our garden was in dire need of some hammockification... one trip to wickes and an hours building and hey presto one hammock rig. Time to test my new down underquilt.... :)
abesudyb.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
There are two guys on each end at 45 degrees, it self tensions when you get into it. all forces working against each other (in theory) ill let you know if it collapses tonight 😃😄

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
There are two guys on each end at 45 degrees, it self tensions when you get into it. all forces working against each other (in theory) ill let you know if it collapses tonight 

I'd be tempted to put some outriggers on it just in case the pegs on the guys pull out.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
you sleeping in it tonight? if you used big enough stake into the ground and strong lines i dont see why it would fail

id like one of those

and a garden to put it in

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
When I say guys I actually mean 250kg breaking strain webbing attached to 10mm steel bars driven into the ground..

Definitely taking it for a test drive tonight... :)

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
looks a cool setup, cool as in Fonzy and cool as in shaded

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE