FS: 3 x Naturally Tanned Whole Hides

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Ok so there only the size of a little bleater, a lamb I mean, but they are whole hides none the less :)

If you'd like to take a minute to read a brief introduction about the process then please click below....oh. Well now you have to read 'cos I forgot hide tags don't work on here! ;-P

I got these in Morocco from the traditional tannery pictured below, but I had ordered some leather from Dick Fine Tools (Rhubarb Tanned Sheep Skin) and it arrived 3 months late and whilst I was on my hols, hence I'm selling 'em on.
Tannery.jpg

The process is all done by hand, and like I said its all naturally tanned. The process takes six months, the skins/hides are basically left in a mixture of water and as we were told "pigeon poop". They are washed thoroughly and the resultant skins are very soft (the grain side especially) and they are quite supple.

NB. As a result of the natural tanning process the leather is imparted with an odour.
This smell will subside, particularly after dying. I know because I bought my mum a handbag and also got 6 pairs of "Berber Addidas" or traditional Berber shoes made form the same leather...from the same tannery!

pile.jpg

They all have an approximate length of 800mm and a width of 550mm (I didn't measure the legs). I'd calculate the total "usable" area, if you wanted to use the whole piece (ie. cut out a rectangular/'square' piece) in one go to be around 550 x 600-650 mm. Obviously the whole skin is usable though.

The thickness is around 1.5-2mm.

NB. The creases are not 'stiff' creases or folds and they will drop out easily.

I'd like £25 each, this includes UK P&P.

Payment by Paypal, cheque, postal order etc

Skin 1 SOLD
Skin1.jpg

Skin2.jpg

Skin3.jpg

Thanks again for your time and apologies for the lengthy thread :)

ps. Also advertised on BB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE