Forged nordic stick tang Blade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
Hi all,

I am searching for a handmade nordic stick tang blade but am struggling to find an affordable one in my desired specs. I'm looking for a 100mm blade, at least 25mm wide, made from 3mm quality stainless steel (12c27, AEB-L etc) and i'd like it to have a nice deep scandi grind. Also i'd want the tang to go right through a substantial handle.
If anybody out there has such an item going spare i'd be glad to hear from you or if anyone could craft one that would be ideal. Forged or ground from stock would be fine with me.

Cheers
Si :)

Last edited:

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
Have you had a look on Brisa (http://www.brisa.fi) ?? They have a wide range of knife blades, some are even reasonably priced :)

I have mate there's one blade on there that nearly hits the spot but the tang is quite short (not through the handle) and with postage its quite expensive. They have loads of others that are close to what i'm after and i'm considering alternatives but thought i'd try on here as well.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
What budget are you looking for? There are a lot of stick tang blades on English handmade knives (I think that's the name?) so go for £60ish but there are plenty of blades at the cheaper end. I think the enzo nordics might be reasonably priced?

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
cheers bud. The one i like to look of is on English Handmade Knives for £70 which is a bit rich for me. I could go for a karesuando 100 for -£20 but its not quite what i'm after. For a great blade which ticked my boxes i'd be able to stretch to £50.
I'm currently looking at tool steel bars and wondering whether i should do me own! :)

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
If you're after stainless, it's unlikely to be forged!

Cheers Stew thats interesting to know. I was meaning the type of blade that Bostrom and Eklund do. They look as if their handforged but maybe they're ground from Stock?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE