fjallraven no. 8 - what is your opinion ???? should I ???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That looks like a great jacket.
I used to swear by Fjallraven clothing and equipment as it was tough, attractive and very practical - if a tad expensive.
Now - from everything I hear - the quality has really fallen off but the prices have skyrocketed!
I have a Vintage 30l rucksack which I love - but I was chatting to someone who had recently bought one who said that theirs was falling apart after hardly any use - mine is many years old and still in fine working order.
In my role as a gear reviewer I requested a sample of the Rucksack 21 (the canvas and leather retro look pack) to review for the magazine I write for, and was refused by the PR company who said it was not up to practical use and was purely "lifestyle" look item! They offered me a Vintage 20l instead... which I turned down.
After PR like that I would not go anywhere near Fjallraven....

Reactions: Herman30

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
From what I understand, clothes in the numbers series is meant to endure hard use. Silly that an outdoors company should need to make that distinction. My definition of outdoors company, might differ from Fjällrävens somewhat.

I have tried it on in a store, and it (imho) is the real deal. Looks good too.
The only drawback is the price, as I see it. It won't win any most-bang-for-the-buck awards, I think.

Still, I want one.I will probably get one when finances allow.

Greger

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
They are just following the trend of other hard use outdoor companies you only have to look at the average 4X4 owner in the Uk to know its never going to see the terrain it was designed for

same with outdoor clothing - bought more and more for the weekend walk to the pub...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
They are just following the trend of other hard use outdoor companies you only have to look at the average 4X4 owner in the Uk to know its never going to see the terrain it was designed for

same with outdoor clothing - bought more and more for the weekend walk to the pub...

I guess that this is why I am making more and more of my own clothing....

Tjpippa

Dec 5, 2014
Kent
I've been really lucky then with the stuff I've got that's fjallraven. I've just managed to pick up a vintage 20l off eBay which is really nice so looking to put that through its paces.

I have a few pairs of their trousers and some shirts and rock solid and they get hard use most days! Shame about the price though as it's definitely high!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE