Fishey Business

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Where can I get a fresh, unfilleted fish from excluding going out and fishing for it of course. Will a mongers sell it to you unfilleted or would they refuse for legal reasons?

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
you can get an un-fillited fish in your local super market fom the fish counter..
though you will find it hard to find one that has not gutted.. you should not have a problem..

this was at least the case last time i was in a super market a few years ago..

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Paganwolf said:
Go to the cockle sheds in leigh on sea Scotty theres fishmongers there with everything you want :wink:
OK thanks for that :biggthump
Paganwolf said:
what you got in mind for the slippery devils? :?: :wave:

To do some testing on my knife with, along with a few other things I have planned :naughty: I will of course have to eat it when I'm finished. :wink:

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Young Bushman said:
Where can I get a fresh, unfilleted fish from excluding going out and fishing for it of course. Will a mongers sell it to you unfilleted or would they refuse for legal reasons?
Tesco's fish counter usually has plenty to choose from.

It's a learning experience watching them gutting fish for other people too - the staff in my local store are super fast at it! :wink:

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
Herring, mackerel and sardine are usualy ungutted at the nearest Tescos to me, my fish monger gets in pretty much all the fish ungutted and then does them when people buy them. I normaly take them as is and some fish he won't do - like the wolfish I had a while back ( having skinned it myself I can understand why, they make eels look delicate ). He'll also do most game as is but if you've never tried it before I wouldn't start gutting on something that's been dead for a week and still has all its feathers.

Realgar

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE