Ethans first night out in the woods.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Seems like only yesterday i posted here http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61972 about the birth of my boy. How time flies.

Whilst we do a lot of family site type camping and regular trips to the woods this was Ethans first night out proper camping :eek:

He did me proud and was fearless in the pitch black of night. Loved just making up his own games and playing with sticks and bugs as little boys should. So glad he loved it all even if he was a little upset about washing dishes ;)

ZOqQ65q.jpg

PUlJV5T.jpg

Crossbow shooting.

dE8ZMf4.jpg

Flinging some arrows. The bow i knocked up for him was a little heavy so need to tone it down some. He loved it regardless and has great form.

98NFIhH.jpg

Rummaging in the hedges for roses.

hnVlDMu.jpg

Turning over logs and rocks in the dark in search of bugs. :pokenest:

iczGF2z.jpg

Absolute crack shot with a rifle. Surprising how hard it was to explain what to look for down a scope if you have never done it before. Was center shotting cans at 30 yards :cool:

4jUfn8t.jpg

Spring traps.

e6WJWtV.jpg

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Looks like a lot of fun, any chance once a month you can be my dad, looks fun having a real one, thanks for sharing mate it was great

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
the years fly by that's for sure.

Looks like a great camping adventure, it's a shame more kids can't have them. Good for you for getting him out there goodjob

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Am I right in thinking he is now 7?

I still remember my first outings at that age nearly 70 years later. You really are doing a great job in building up memories of a happy childhood which will last him all his life.
I tried to do this for my own boys and I must have succeeded because they are now doing the same for my grandson and two granddaughters.

Hopefully he will soon be posting his own trip reports.

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Great report there. What an adventure for him. The pic of Ethan poking the fire with a stick made me chuckle as I can remember doing it myself at that age. Happy times fella

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Wonderful!
A great age to start 'doing things' with your son. Have you bought his first knife yet?

The mushroom he is holding is my absolute favourite. The cap is incredible made like a Schnitzel.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Looks like a lot of fun, any chance once a month you can be my dad, looks fun having a real one, thanks for sharing mate it was great

Welcome and any time :)

the years fly by that's for sure.

Looks like a great camping adventure, it's a shame more kids can't have them. Good for you for getting him out there goodjob

They do pass so fast. This place helps to mark time thanks.

Am I right in thinking he is now 7?

I still remember my first outings at that age nearly 70 years later. You really are doing a great job in building up memories of a happy childhood which will last him all his life.
I tried to do this for my own boys and I must have succeeded because they are now doing the same for my grandson and two granddaughters.

Hopefully he will soon be posting his own trip reports.

Yep 7 a few weeks ago. :) Will be out with me a lot more in the coming years.

Great report there. What an adventure for him. The pic of Ethan poking the fire with a stick made me chuckle as I can remember doing it myself at that age. Happy times fella

Nawt like poking the fire with stick. Many an hour well spent.

I think that I see that you have given him one of the very best gifts of all = self-confidence.

Hope he likes it and keeps it up.

Wonderful!
A great age to start 'doing things' with your son. Have you bought his first knife yet?

The mushroom he is holding is my absolute favourite. The cap is incredible made like a Schnitzel.

Cant do fungi of any type. its all evil! Bar the odd useful one for firefighting or topical. Still yet to sort him out a knife and i don't think there is an immediate need but its on the horizon. More training needing first before he has charge of his own.

Brilliant stuff master bowyer
Sure you both loved it
I took my nipper camping for first time this summer.
Its great sharing it with your son isnt it.
Ps gonna pinch spring trap idea and do that with Jake

Ta mate. Yeah its a great exercise/experiment.

Looks like he had a brilliant time. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks.

That's quality mate and something he'll be telling his kids about. What it's all about, great to see

He was shattered the day after and slept all the way home. ;)

Quadcopter too ! What a dad :You_Rock_

Yeah not so much with the Quad Copter, either it failed to record video or I promptly flew it into a tree lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE