"Dual Surival" comes to Discovery Channel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
...Cody Lundin comes across strongly as a student of Mors Kochanski's works. Beret headwear, wandering around in two pairs of wool socks with no outer foot wear in the snow, making a super shelter (a Mors innovation and one of his key subjects; though not properly executed in the episode), quoting Mors survival mantra in the final scenes "The wilderness is neutral, it is neither for you nor against you” ....

why shoot the flare out of the gun to ignite it, the one (and only) time I tried that it ricocheted off the floor and shot 150m across a field before lodging in a bramble bush! There after I've always dismantled them and used the contents of the flare to start fires (you can get more than one ignition from each flare that way too). .

Hi Stuart,

Mors' statement is an adaptation of Freddie Spencer Chapman's "the jungle is neutral" to make it universal for all environments.

Fire a flare to start a fire? I didn't see ithe episode but when I fired a flare once I got more than I bargained for as a bushfire started!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE