• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Excellent. Dried tomatoes are a terrible treat to have within arm's reach. I found I like a handful in pasta for the intense taste.

Question: For use, do you soak those or boil them up in a bit of water?

I tried drying a variety of fruit and veg, the tomatoes are far and away better than anything else

I dry 25 lbs of Roma tomato halves @ 55C for 24 hours. They are still a bit leathery. American Harvest brand dehydrator.
If I nibble while I'm cooking supper, I have to stop when I realize that I've just eaten 8 big Romas in a matter of minutes.

Reactions: Le Loup
Excellent. Dried tomatoes are a terrible treat to have within arm's reach. I found I like a handful in pasta for the intense taste.

Question: For use, do you soak those or boil them up in a bit of water?

I tried drying a variety of fruit and veg, the tomatoes are far and away better than anything else

I dry 25 lbs of Roma tomato halves @ 55C for 24 hours. They are still a bit leathery. American Harvest brand dehydrator.
If I nibble while I'm cooking supper, I have to stop when I realize that I've just eaten 8 big Romas in a matter of minutes.
Generally we just add them to stews Robson, though they are very tasty to nibble on :) For some reason or other we do not have many tomatoes this year, but normally there are so many that we simply have to bottle or dry them.
Tomatoes-2018-Autumn-002-REDUCED.jpg

Keith.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE