Canvas bunks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
With a punt for 4.99- but it labels it as canvas then says material: nylon??? When it's only a fiver I'd go for it mate :).

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
all it is is the canvas, you gotta construct the a-frame yourself, its like a stretcher without poles

CallsignSam

Nomad
Jun 13, 2013
Kent
I got one a few weeks ago. Not properly set it up yet but it seems pretty sturdy for a fiver. And they are nylon, not canvas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I always thought that "canvas" referred to the weave of a material, rather than what it's made of? Cotton canvas, poly-cotton canvas, nylon canvas etc...........I don't know if this is correct, just what I've always thought....

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I always thought that "canvas" referred to the weave of a material, rather than what it's made of? Cotton canvas, poly-cotton canvas, nylon canvas etc...........I don't know if this is correct, just what I've always thought....

Ooh- I reckon that'll be my bad- I always thought canvas was the same as cotton canvas? :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
In modern terminology it is the weave.. originally "Canvas" was specifically Hemp, the very name coming from the same root as "Cannabis":)

Interesting! I'm definitely going to use some hemp,fabric when I can and maybe the rope too, interesting fabric. :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
So tight you'd rather p1ss yourself than spend a penny?

Biker

So tight you'd rather p1ss yourself than spend a penny?

LOL! Naaaah, thing is I have 3 different types of fold down beds from a British Army issue cot to a foldaway sun lounger, plus I have 2 hammocks as well as 3 different types of self-inflatable sleep mats, so sleeping options isn't an issue really. But this would have been just another impulse buy but like I said, the deciding factor was finding I had another £6 to pay before I got it. So I figured I didn't need it after all.

Good luck to those who did buy one, looking forward to seeing what you make out of them like the A frame stretcher bed.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I sometimes do that too but i am murder for adding a few more things i don't need either to make the postage cost worth it :rolleyes: especially if it is after 2am when i am doing this browsing

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE