Canoeing trips ??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SoloBoy

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2005
Liverpool
Just wondering If anybody knows of any canoe trips anywhere in the North West.Or if canoes can be rented anywhere.And any legal rivers we could take them to.
Its my Dads 50th soon and I know he has allways wanted to do it :rolleyes: .Any information/help would be great guys ;)

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
One I keep planning to do is the river Wye you can hire canoes at plenty of places and there are shed loads of campsites look at" privateers on the wye"for a good route planner. Me mate and me have done plenty of expeditions but that one is one of the longest ones in the uk and the wye is geared up for canoeing. Glasbury and Hay on Wye are a couple of good start points . Let me know how you get on.

B

baz979

yeah i was looking into doing some canoe touring and the river wye was the one that came up in a lot of the seaches. I'd aslo like to do the great gren way on a canoe, i walked it at the beginning of the year and the veiws were amazing!
i built a canoe a month or 2 ago but iv still not had a chance to try it out propperly :(

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
There is a watersport place at Kings Dock that might be able to help you.
They do courses and hire canoes,dingies and other stuff for use there but will probably have plenty of local knowledge and contacts.
Driving out of town toward Otterspool prom turn right toward the marina and they are in the building on the dock(supposed to look like an old paddle steamer) Cant miss it on your right hand side.

happy camper

Nomad
May 28, 2005
Scotland
hello,
if you want to come north, scotland has loads of great canoeing for all abilities and the rights of access for waterways are basically unlimited (as long as you respect fisheries etc.). A great guide book is "scottish canoe touring - an sca canoe and kayak guide" printed by the s.c.a.(scottish canoe association).
One possibility for rental, if you do come north, is tiso, they're cheap i think it's £60 for a weeks rental of a ranger 15 with paddles and buoyancy aids. (they've got shops in edinburgh, glasgow and ratho ,tel. 0131 554 0804 for the main branch). wherever you decide to go i'm sure you'll have a great time! :)

B

baz979

hello solo boy i have pics but there on the pc at my house ill have a go at putting them up here when i get back

fungy

Jun 15, 2005
york
how do soloboy, just a quick message, have a look in Trail magazine they have a holiday some time in september, the trip is up and around the west coast of Scotland, if I'm right it's about £500 for the week.It's in this months issue, near the back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE