Call me a Hypocrite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Some of you probably remember my thread on Hoodlum's Ideal SAK .

Well I may have found an exception to the Hoodlum Ideal SAK. It is the Lockblade version of their venerable CHAMP, It is called THE WORK CHAMP!!!
0.9064.jpg

YES! It is thicker than the Rucksak, Hunter, and/or the OH trailmaster. But It has every tool I do use. AND!!! Due to the actual handle shape of the SAK Lockblade series. It makes this thicker SAK more comfortable to handle than it CHAMP predecessor.

Anyone else have one????

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Would love one.BUT we have this stupid law that prohibits the carrying of fixed blade knives,which in the UK includes locking blades :eek: and as I take my SAK everywhere I will have to pass on this one :(

BorderReiver said:
Would love one.BUT we have this stupid law that prohibits the carrying of fixed blade knives,which in the UK includes locking blades :eek: and as I take my SAK everywhere I will have to pass on this one :(

there are similar BS law in NJ. The trick is not to run around naked, swinging it over your head(blade open), and giving off war whoops(after you finish singing the Johny Horton hit single "THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS")

Garraunteed success!!!
I've tried it!!! ;)

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
BIG-TARGET said:
there are similar BS law in NJ. The trick is not to run around naked, swinging it over your head(blade open), and giving off war whoops(after you finish singing the Johny Horton hit single "THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS")

Garraunteed success!!!
I've tried it!!! ;)

and dont stuff gators full of cannon balls or powder their behinds!

Scary thought in both cases BT!

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Gary said:
and dont stuff gators full of cannon balls or powder their behinds!

Scary thought in both cases BT!
Andrew Jackson was a scotch-irish descendant with a pathological hatred of Britain. The battle of New Orleons employed my ancestors, Choctaw scouts to reconnoiter the british advance. A few years later they were forceably removed from developed farms along with the other ' 5 civilized tribes' to Indian territory and the infamous Trail Of Tears. Old Hickory and his friends made a windfall real estate profit. Nothing changes, except perhaps the genius of a swiss army knife in any form. :D

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
BorderReiver said:

... So does that exclude Leatherman Waves/Charges, then? :confused:

I've been carrying mine around in my jeans pocket for years! :eek:

leon-1

Rhapsody said:
... So does that exclude Leatherman Waves/Charges, then? :confused:

I've been carrying mine around in my jeans pocket for years! :eek:

The guys on BB are probably better placed to phrase this, but I think that if you have reasonable justification to be carrying a fixed blade (leatherman wave, sheath knife or other), then the police will let it go.

Otherwise Jack would be arrested every time he tried to make a hurdle because of the Billhook he uses.

You may carry it if it relates to your work and you are coming or going to work, you may also carry a fixed blade whilst pursuing sporting events (fencing and fishing), but it should be noted that this is just to use at such events and transport from home to the event and back with no deviations.

You will also find that the situation will also determine the response from the police (location being one consideration).

As I say the guys at BB can explain this a lot better than I :eek:

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
leon-1 said:
The guys on BB are probably better placed to phrase this, but I think that if you have reasonable justification to be carrying a fixed blade (leatherman wave, sheath knife or other), then the police will let it go.

I don't carry it for any particular reason, though... other than that it's perhaps the most useful thing you possibly could carry. I don't think "It might come in handy" is reasonable justification in the eyes of the law, though.

Drat.

leon-1

I carry a Leatherman wave nearly all the time as well, but I am a qualified computer engineer and invariably find that it is used whilst working in that role (I do this for pin money and get calls from friends and family all the time). My previous job was as a test technician and I used to build test kits and as such could say that it was used at work :)

I have noticed that a lot of policemen carry leathermans and if asked they would probably tell you that they use it in thier duties as a police officer.

Carrying a leatherman in a pub or club would seem rather strange and this is what I meant about situation has a lot to do with it.

ChrisKavanaugh said:
Andrew Jackson was a scotch-irish descendant with a pathological hatred of Britain. The battle of New Orleons employed my ancestors, Choctaw scouts to reconnoiter the british advance. A few years later they were forceably removed from developed farms along with the other ' 5 civilized tribes' to Indian territory and the infamous Trail Of Tears. Old Hickory and his friends made a windfall real estate profit. Nothing changes, except perhaps the genius of a swiss army knife in any form. :D

I did hear a rumor that you can be arrested in England for singing that Johny Horton song, and get the death penalty for it! :rolleyes:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I work with computers too and more often than not my leatherman wave is on my belt. I don't much care about what plod says as to me it is a tool, nothing more. I don't however take it to the pub, but I am amazed how some people look at you in horror when you use it on a campsite for example. it shows how society has brainwashed them into thinking of it first as a weapon and not a tool. The truth of the matter is. If someone is going to harm you they can do it with a butter knife, screwdriver, bottle, chair leg, knitting needle,chisel, hammer computer monitor or whatever. You can't make everything illegal to carry everything :confused:

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
maddave said:
I work with computers too and more often than not my leatherman wave is on my belt. I don't much care about what plod says as to me it is a tool, nothing more.

Unfortunately what plod says is what counts.If you take the "wrong" attitude with a policeman he can make things very uncomfortable for you.
You may not go to prison but you might have all the hassle of arrest and court before you get any sense out of the system.
As has been said on BB,be sensible.Don't carry a marginal knife where it might get you into bother.If you are going to/from where you are going to use a NKP worrying knife,carry it discretely.DON'T argue with any copper who might stop you and query your carry.Say that you know that this lock/fixed blade is illegal to carry in a public place,but you are on your way to/from ......... and you think this a GOOD reason for having it on your person at this time.

Then just hope you have been stopped by a reasonable person and not an @rsehole who's having a bad day. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE