Bushcrafting in Limburg?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Hi, help and advice pls from you european bushcrafters. It looks like I'm going to be working near Venlo in the Netherlands province of Limburg by the end of the year:) . Any bushcrafting opportunities and what are the laws in Europe about wild camping, fires, carrying sharps etc. etc.:confused:?

Ted W

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi, help and advice pls from you european bushcrafters. It looks like I'm going to be working near Venlo in the Netherlands province of Limburg by the end of the year:) . Any bushcrafting opportunities and what are the laws in Europe about wild camping, fires, carrying sharps etc. etc.:confused:?

Ted W

Ted,
I'm writing an article on this topic (in English ;)), if you're interested I'll drop you a PM when it's finished.

In short: it's pretty strict: camping (wild) and open fire are prohibited throughout the country. There are spots where you can stay for 72 (consecutive) hrs, again no fires allowed.
Sharps: prohibited in public (even if you're a sikh, etc. and have a good excuse -> religion). Never had any problems when I'm out in the woods - though I never carry it in the open: always baldrick style under my smock, just in case you run into some Joe Public - we don't want them to wet their pants, do we? ;) :D

Hunting: only with a rifle (in season) after you did a pretty hard exam (theory) and showed you've got the marksman skills and know how to handle a rifle with care.
Other means of hunting (trapping, etc) are used by gamekeepers / special appointed people to decrease the amount of vermin.

Need to do some more research on what the scope of this legislation is on private land ...

HTH

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Thanks for the advice, guys, it looks like I'll be moving across in October or November so I'll find out what's what then.:) Sounds pretty similar to the UK, actually!:rolleyes:

Yes please, I'd love a copy of your article Ahnjo:D

Ted W

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE