British Army Jungle Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

muffinski

Aug 18, 2011
west Midlands
tend to run hot, just dont like the constriction of mummy sleeping bags. Use the british army one for camping when using car, its just too warm and big to take wild camping. Was thinking of using a light weight bag with the softie trousers and top if needed.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Just very unscientificly hung one of mine on a "happy hooker tackle" set of fishing scales and it says they are 1.2kg

For comparison, the alp kit pipedream 600 comes in at 1.1kg, the standard soldier 95 bag at 3.2kg, the snugpak sf2 at 2.4 and finally the highlander ranger lite at 1.7kgs all on the same Happy Hooker.

The jungle bag has always reminded me of one,of the old 70's caravaning sleeping bags lol :)

Anyway....hope the above helps :)

muffinski

Aug 18, 2011
west Midlands
Thanks for taking the time to weigh them. I also have a alpkit pipe dream, but this is way to warm for summer and I am struggling with the restriction of the size, but I guess this what helps maintain the warm. I might have a look at vango as they seem to do wider/longer bags. I don't mind a little extra weight for comfort but the 95 at 3.2 is just too much.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I also have a alpkit pipe dream, but this is way to warm for summer and I am struggling with the restriction of the size.

Yep, totally agree....way too warm, was just a comparison on size/weight. I sleep vey hot usually and although it's not known for making the toughest outdoor kit, I have to say I swear by my Highlander Ranger Lite for summer use both here and warmer places. It's light weight (relatively), not too hot, packs down fairly small and can be opened right up to allow plenty of ventilation.

My wife, who's more the family campsite type of glamper, likes the "Pod", type sleeping bags as they have loads of space to wriggle about in, they're sort of oval shaped rather than rectangle or mummy shape. They don't pack to small...no idea of the weight either as up in the loft amoungst the "not used very much kit" storage. Lol

:)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
tend to run hot, just dont like the constriction of mummy sleeping bags. Use the british army one for camping when using car, its just too warm and big to take wild camping. Was thinking of using a light weight bag with the softie trousers and top if needed.

And a bivvy bag should be fine for UK two or even three season camping.

Chasseur

May 16, 2010
Ireland
Hi Folks,
Been using the tropical bag with a dutch goretex bivvy bag here in Ireland. Plenty warm sleeping out in early June and July. Packs small too. Very happy with the €25 I spent :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE