B&M Heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My local store is selling foil packs of German made rosti/sliced spuds and ham/sliced spuds with cheese for 89p. Big enough for two and sell by date of February 2012.

Boil in the bag pouches of vegetarian Indian food for 59p, great with a packet of 5 minute rice.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Those boil in the bag veggies sound good, not sure I've ever seen B + M, is that a supermarket chain ?

4D_scumpunx

Nov 17, 2010
macclesfield
sadly working there at the moment until i get my level 1 dry stone walling and i can look for another job. pretty good for stocking up on camping food..

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
B&M, just tried to look up the store locations but the site seems to be down, too many people looking for cheap food :D

We've just had one set up in the Old Woolworths building in Carmarthen, not been in though, may do now :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's usually worth a wander through.
They seem to have a lot of expensive foods but sometimes with short dates so they're a lot cheaper than elsewhere. Even my gluten free stuff turns up :cool: 29p for crackers instead of £1.79 kind of price difference :D
It's not all soon to be dated stock though.
They had Princes beef pate in wee tins last time I was in. HWMBLT took some of them in his foodbox last time he went camping, he said they were excellent on bread with cheese and roasted. I think they were 29p too.

cheers,
Toddy

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
I had a try of one of the slices potato and ham jobs, quite tasty!

Only downside might be the need for a reasonable frying pan to cook them in on a reasonably high heat. Ok for gas stoves but trangia users might struggle.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I had a try of one of the slices potato and ham jobs, quite tasty!

Only downside might be the need for a reasonable frying pan to cook them in on a reasonably high heat. Ok for gas stoves but trangia users might struggle.

No issue with a real Trangia, not sure about the Army meth set though.

Few things on offer for the preppers here, canned butter beans 29p, Princess brand corned beef £1.49, canned Nazir curry sauce 49p.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
we've done a fair bit on a mil trang stove i reckon you'd be ok on full burn.

cheers for the heads up rik i'll pop along to mine tomoz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE