April Walk Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Braidsta

Forager
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
500px.com
Morning all,

I've just stuck up a new video using my new camcorder. I'm in the process of acquiring kit that's more suited to hiking than my regular camp setup, this is covered in the video.
A few sights from round my way, a look at the Thermarest Sit Mat and UKhammock Hammock Chair. All carried in my 2 x bergen side pockets attached to the day sack yoke.

[video=youtube;6geqYRds0Kc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6geqYRds0Kc[/video]

This is my first time using a real video cam and I'm slowly applying my photography knowledge of scenes etc to improve my recording. Not sure if there's much to be learned from me, my videos will be more of a diary than instructional.

Any tips, please do give them! I enjoy watching fellow campers vids and want to stick my bit in in case there's anyone out there like me, cuppa tea in hand, browsing youtube and waiting for their next chance to get out there.

Thanks all

Brady

Last edited by a moderator:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I'm a big fan of hammock chairs. Here's mine in use recently (though not by me)

17096996755_1b7252fb34_b.jpg

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
For your tarp/poncho grommets can be installed by any canvass shop. If need be you can wrap, create a pocket with a pebble at the corners and wrap a cord around the base of the pocket to form an anchor point to tie off your cordage.

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
You need a spoon? Get or make one from SS and welding an extension to the handle to give you an advantage if deeper pot/container is used.

Braidsta

Forager
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
500px.com
Cheers tsitenha, I was gutted I'd forgotten the wooden one I wanted to take with me, only a 30p wooden one from wilko but I did some pyrography on it so was disappointed that I forgot to bring it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE