Any Leatherman aficionados about?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Digging through the pile of kit laughingly known as my organised storage, I came across a couple of Leatherman Tools that I knew I had but couldn't remember where...Sound familiar? :)

I bought one and was given the other as a gift while on an exchange visit to the USA in the early 1980's. Carried and used both for a while and then stowed them away, but eventually the..." I wonder where my Leatherman is?" disease got me. :laugh:
They are both stamped Leatherman Tool Portland OR. but I was in South Carolina when I acquired them.
Just curious that's all, I got lost on the Leatherman website looking to see if they still make those models.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Looks like the PS2 on the left and PS1 on the right. The PS1 is the original and no longer made superseded by lots since the original. They did set the standard.Both great tools and UK legal as they're not locking and have a small blade. I don't know if they're necessarily collectable but they're pretty cool. I have a couple stashed around in little kits.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Thanks for that Scoman. One on the left which has a serrated blade and scissors was a gift. I liked the idea of a Multi Tool which I think was a bit of a gimmick at the time, but the scissors and blade didn't really appeal, then I spotted the other plain blade model in a shop.
Comparing them to my edc Wave shows how the 40 odd years of ideas, models and production has passed. :laugh:

Keepsakes from another time that's all. :thumbsup:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE