Alpkit Bru pot any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Has anybody on the forum got any experience with the alpkit bru pot?
I'm looking to look lighten up my kit and I thought this looked just the job!

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I dont have the alpkit pot but a china copy,my one does not look as good as this, and this one has more going for it, like the neoprene cover and easy lid....

they do make a differance to fuel consumption too.....

have you looked at the Brukit Stove????? for another £15 you get a jetboil type stove (awesome) and you can still use the pot on its own, worth a thought mate...

best of luck.

Chris.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Thanks for the reply. I've just read the thread now. I have far too many stoves to justify another one. So i think the bru pot alone will be the way ahead especially if it gets more life out of the gas canisters.
there is quite alot of interesting stuff on the alpkit website it may be an expensive discovery!

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
Thanks for the reply. I've just read the thread now. I have far too many stoves to justify another one. So i think the bru pot alone will be the way ahead especially if it gets more life out of the gas canisters.
there is quite alot of interesting stuff on the alpkit website it may be an expensive discovery!

I've bought a number of things from Alpkit and I find they sell some high quality items at very reasonable prices and they also provide an excellent service. Highly recommended.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I've read some negative reviews on the stove on other forums. The pot looks good but if you're out for a weekend and you're carrying a 100g can fuel efficiency isn't a help weightwise since you're still going to have to carry the same half full can. A lighter normal pot is just as good. Heat exchanger pots I reckon are better for longer trips with the need for more or bigger cans. I've done 6 or 7 days on one Coleman 100g can with an All pan, AGG 3 cup pot weighing 97g actual weight. Add 100g primus can and primus stove just under that and I think it's lighter than the brukit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE