Alan Wood knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
For Sale Unique Alan Wood knife

Never been used other than making some feathersticks from matches. Never been sharpened. Selling to generate income for some new kit and a flight to Wales (Moot).

Back in 2005 / 2006 Martyn posted on BritishBlades some pics of a knife he designed himself. Based on his design (blade) and the Woodlore design (handle), I came up with the following as result – as far as I know it’s the only one in existance and therefore a unique piece.

The knife with sheath and ferro rod:
CIMG0910.jpg

CIMG0911.jpg

Close up of the blade, note the droppoint (with renaissance wax) vs. spearpointed Woodlore:
2012-06-28202827.jpg

2012-06-28202850.jpg

Tapered tang:
CIMG0915.jpg

CIMG0914.jpg

Specs:

• Made in 2006
  • O1- tool steel
  • Full tapered tang with blackliners
  • Scandi grind
  • Cocobolo wood on handle
  • Buffalo sheath
  • Ferro rod with matching cocobolo

Price: 250 GBP (Paypal only please).
Price includes postage (insured, track & trace) to your doorstep and Paypal fees.

Please only post if you’re interested.

Over 18's only.

Some more pictures on how it came to be:

BB knife & Wilkinson Sword Woodlore:
bushcraftermartynbb3.jpg

A photoshop of both knives, that became my design for Mr. Wood:
AWWoodloreBBKcombination-eigenontwe.jpg

Picture by Mr. Wood to show the result prior postage to me:
Johbush.jpg

Last edited:

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
I have two the same did the same thing only I have micarta scales one black one tan with seeds in and mine have dangler sheaths would snap up yours in a heartbeat if I had not long brought a house good luck with the sale the rock

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ask a daft question but how does this sheath attach to you? Does it have a belt loop on the side we can't see?

No such thing as a daft question ;)

I wanted it to be a balldrick style carry: paracord through the 2 eyes / holes and wrapped around the sheath near the firesteel loop. You could cut a slot between the 2 eyes / holes for belt carry and make it a sheath like on the Woodlore.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE