Air Rifles & CO2 pistol

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Seeking a bit of advice from the group.
I’m downsizing hugely & amongst the things which will be going are the air guns I inherited from my brother. I was always planning to join an HFT club & use them but nearest one is a long way away now & I have never got around to it.
What I have is a Logun S16, a Hammerli AFT15 ( or something like that ) & a Sheridan CO2 single shot bolt action pistol. Both the rifles have big-ish scopes. One a Nikko (?) & one I can’t remember. Both have soft cases & are in storage. Also got a dive tank but out of test I think now.
Questions are:
Can I sell them here?
Best way to transport/send them?
Any idea on value?
I may end up keeping one for plinking but not sure if that will be possible yet.
All help welcome! TIA
Simon

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
People regularly sell air rifles and air pistols on here so I'd hazard a guess you'll be fine.

Value wise I'd suggest you check out gun mart to get an idea of what they're going for over there.

Reactions: plastic-ninja

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
As the others have said, you're fine selling them here. It was one of the reasons for setting up the Full Members classifieds so that there were fewer issues on selling things like this. You could post it in the FM classifieds and we can move it to the general classifieds if there's no takers... Up to you.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
As the others have said, you're fine selling them here. It was one of the reasons for setting up the Full Members classifieds so that there were fewer issues on selling things like this. You could post it in the FM classifieds and we can move it to the general classifieds if there's no takers... Up to you.
Hi Tony, would that also be possible for shotguns? Which I would state must stay in the member area.

I have a few that need rehoming.

Cheers

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I think so, I'll send you some details if interested :)
More curious but happy to have details. I do pick up the odd interesting gun from time to time.

As for the general question of selling guns, pigeonwatch might be worth joining as adverts are free and there's more people over there buying and selling.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Tony, would that also be possible for shotguns? Which I would state must stay in the member area.

I have a few that need rehoming.

Cheers
I think so, I'm not aware of any law that prohibits it. If anyone does please speak up!
Yeah, members area would definitely be preferable.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Maybe put licence holders only in advert ??I’ve seen shotguns for sale on the hunting life and gun trader etc so should be fine .

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
It should be fairly obvious only a SGC of FAC holder can buy a shotgun, both parties will need to notify their licensing authority so it should be a.straight forward private sale.

Reactions: TeeDee

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
So, Gun sales are ok, just make sure they're in the Full Members area, there's a few reasons, one of them being that we'll get blacklisted if there's much open gun talk on the forums...
It's up to the seller to be happy the person that's being sold to has all the correct documentation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE