45g titanium gas stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Wow, that is tiny!

Fire maple make a good stove if anyone's considering this. Got one with a pre-heat tube on it a couple of years back. Still going strong.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I'll never buy one without a preheat tube again (exept maybe a regulator job if they live up to the claims). Liquid feed until nearly boiled, stick the canister ontop of the pan lid during cooking just to maintain pressure, return to gas feed one minute from the end so as not to waste gas, more effiicient , no loss of pressure. Stable cooker, lower wind profile and shorter lighter windshield more than make up for any heaviness in the stove itself. Safer if you start it in gas feed mode than any non preheat stove. Use various types of gas cannisters, and with the right adapter, run it off cigarrette lighter gas cannisters.

so there .

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
In UK temperatures the tri mix canisters work fine with sit on top burners.

"stick the canister ontop of the pan lid during cooking just to maintain pressure" You put a can of gas on a warm/hot pan lid? No need at all to do that with a remote feed stove with pre heat tube I'd have thought.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
In UK temperatures the tri mix canisters work fine with sit on top burners.

"stick the canister ontop of the pan lid during cooking just to maintain pressure" You put a can of gas on a warm/hot pan lid? No need at all to do that with a remote feed stove with pre heat tube I'd have thought.

well only when the cold really gets to it, in the minuses, or if using cigarette lighter gas!

Do you not find cannister mounts get the pressure drop too far after they've been running for a while ? That's why I'm intrested in the regulator stoves, jetboil sol/reactor/soto micro etc. I know callor and camping gas regulators work well.

Edit.

I've got this friend who's dead irresponsible like, and he puts the cannister sort of above the flame sorta. hes dead dangerous.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE