2 questions...?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
In my Altoid tin I have a small piece of fatwood, tampon, magic biscuit cut into strips, inner tube and the rest of the space is packed with dryer lint.
I use the dryer lint to take the spark then the inner tube to extend the flame.

In the other Altoid tin I have some birch bark and char cloth.
I also have a pellet tin with a hole pierced in for making char cloth.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My fire lighting kit
Lighter
Ferro rod
Flint and steel
Charcloth
Sulfur matches
MOD ratpack matches
True tinder fungus.
If the conditions are going to be tough I also pack some dried grass and a couple of home made wax and sawdust tinder blocks.
My favourite and most used firelighting method is Flint and steel - I just love it :)

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
surley the ancients didn't carry a fire bow around with them. Is there anyway of just carrying around just the head of the piston a bit of string/cord, and the anlil wood in your pocket, where you could make the longer bits up from the bits around you.

If you don't undersyand please say.

I prefer a pump-drill as I can use that and it's much lighter, will even fit in a big jacket pocket.

My tin contains fero rod, long matches with striker glued to tin lid, lighter, cotton-wool/vaseling balls, a bit of birch, and lives in my jacket pocket.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE