€4.99 Axe from Lidl review...it's a good axe!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
If you want to chop wood a bit more efficiently, put a chopping block underneath you stick as the ground is absorbing a lot of the force.
The axe looks like it would make a good carpenters axe with a little work on the profile and getting rid of the green stuff on the handle.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Should be a nice little user if you get rid of that horrible varnish and paint of the handle and give it a nice oiling. Maybe ,ake yourself a new mask for it as well and get rid of that plastic clip.
A cheap axe isn't necessarily always a bad axe, with a little work they can be great bits of kit.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
That is clearly the same axe as the argos axe which has been written about here quite a bit. I didn't watch all the vid to see if it showed a close up of the grind to see if it was any better than the argos axe.

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
Thanks Robin for telling me about the Argos Axe I just found your review,well done it's a good review!

I agree with everyone about the handle,I have a carpenters hatchet with a much nicer handle and it weighs about the same and with hours of use I wouldn't have a single ache or blister in my hand but after waking up this morning that stupid varnished handle gave me a few blisters!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE