Zebra Billy Can - Keeping the lid on

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I've been a fan of the larger Zebra billy cans for years, not only because you can cook proper tatties and such in them but also because they provide tough and secure storage for more delicate bits of kit and food.

Keeping the lid on while its in your pack is something Zebra have obviously been asked about as they now supply their cans with little plastic clips that do so.

My solution is a bit more basic but I thought I'd share it here...

P3310001.JPG

Two bits of elasticated shock cord and a mini carabiner.

Works for me. :)

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Yeah exactly, I was considering titanium something along the lines of the 900 and 1300 iirc pots but they are going to take some welly so Zebra it is

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Simple & effective! I can't work out what's going on with the bail handle though; it's not there in your first pic, but seems to be in your other two. Have you worked out some cunning arrangement to remove / re-attach as required?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Simple & effective! I can't work out what's going on with the bail handle though; it's not there in your first pic, but seems to be in your other two. Have you worked out some cunning arrangement to remove / re-attach as required?

I was always worried that it would damage the fabric of my pack so removed it and now use a bit of wire coathanger with two hooks bent in to shape at each end. For transit I unhook that and keep it in the can.

The other pics are from a while back when I could get out to play more. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE