Wright's of Sheffield and Moonraker knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 11, 2014
Maidstone, KENT
Moonraker have good rep, but ordering is over the phone, rather than on-line.

I nearly ordered from them last year, but they said they were too busy to check if the blade was centered on a Case folding knife....

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Never had any problems with Moonraker, good old fashion customer service, i normally email them my order then give them a call with my card details.

I have one of the Wrights Bushcraft knives, not a bad knife once it had had the bevels reground

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Never had any problems with Moonraker, good old fashion customer service, i normally email them my order then give them a call with my card details.

I have one of the Wrights Bushcraft knives, not a bad knife once it had had the bevels reground
Ah , now that sounds like a nightmare.
I only have waterstones , oilstones and diamond stones.
No grinding machines , so I'm guessing it would be a proper p.i.t.a. to get it done manually.

Can you please explain why you had to regrind them ? Asymmetrical bevels? Or wrong angle ? Shallow depth on the bevel?

And above all , was it really imperative that those bevels were corrected?

Thanks in advance

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Ah , now that sounds like a nightmare.
I only have waterstones , oilstones and diamond stones.
No grinding machines , so I'm guessing it would be a proper p.i.t.a. to get it done manually.

Can you please explain why you had to regrind them ? Asymmetrical bevels? Or wrong angle ? Shallow depth on the bevel?

And above all , was it really imperative that those bevels were corrected?

Thanks in advance

I had mine reground as the bevel was too steep and it would never hold an edge, so yep, to me it was a job that needed doing, either that or it sat in a drawer forever and a day or i passed it on and made it someone else's problem, I sent it away and got it professionally reground, many of the knife makers will do it for a small fee, the following pics show the bevels before and after grinding, once it had been reground it became and still is a firm favourite, holds a wicked edge now and is very comfortable to use.

wrights.jpg

wrights1.jpg

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
I have been using the A wright knife for over 7 years now and it's still my main user today.
I have never had to have it sent of for a re-grind.
I must be one of the lucky ones who has one with a perfect edge that holds amazingly.
Highly recommended from me :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
I agree about the sheath, I ended up making a better one.
As for the grind, my one is fine, I showed it to Ray mears at the carving master class and said it's practically the woodlore.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
251218ecef8f58911fc8f942384c8d9e.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE