Willem Dafoe's rucksack in the film..The Hunter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Now there have been several inquiries on another thread about the backpack carried by Willem Dafoe in THE HUNTER.....
This is a pretty cool pack & seems to combine tradition with modern comfort..in short an excellent bushcrafting pack if such a thing existed :cool:
A few of us have had unsuccessful searches on the net to find the brand/ make of this elusive rucksack, so I thought it would be fun if we put our heads together & try to nail it down. I suspect that this may be a local brand i.e. Australian,Tasmanian or from New zealand so prehaps some of our antipodean members could lend us a hand....
Images of the pack it's self are few & far between so feel free to put some up if you find them......
To start with, here is an enlarged photo of the hip belt buckle (& shoulder strap), quite distinctive, so maybe someone will recognise it....here goes

The-Hunter-poster-1-1.jpg

Any suggestions ? :D

Last edited:

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
either its a really short rucksack with a tummy strap and not hip fins, or he is a midget! look how close the sturnum strap and belt are together.
anyway, looks like its got an ALICE quick release type thingy on the shoulder strap, looks like a popper i can see there.
rest of it looks deuter/lowe/alpine/osprey type fittings, but the lid is of classic rucksack design

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
According to IMDB Dafoe is 1.77m tall though he is of slight build ;)

It's quite a big pack prehaps 70 litres with the side pouches.

EDIT: hmmm, looking at the stills & taking into account Mr. Dafoes build I think I was over estimating the size of the pack, .....around 55 - 60 litres now I'd say.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You'd think the clue would be in those side pockets somehow

I looks fairly recent, desert combat zones

Good view half way down this page, or this one

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
actually, its got really really long shoulder straps doesn't it. i think all the extra pouches are additional items and not part of the original bag which could complicate identifying the bag as you can't see a lot of the bags detail

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Nice one Biker..............the link is far too complicated for me but LuckyLee was looking for a link to watch the film online yesterday, so prehaps he could use.it...may cheer him up....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE