Wilderness Gathering 2015

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
I do not think there is a post in the forum- mods please move if there is.

So who went? What did you think? what did you buy?

I thought it was great, I bought an axe loop and to much jerky!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't think there's one either :dunno: No idea why not though, from all that I have heard about it the Wilderness Gathering is well worth going to :D

Did you take any photos ? what did you see ? did you do any of the classes ? and who was demonstrating ?

cheers,
Toddy

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
I did see the bow drill class as wanted to see where I was going wrong- The instructor made it so easy and I had some pointers.

What I did see was (which is important) some very clean toilets and showers- well done Scouts!

I know Dave Budd was there and Endicotts etc

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I dropped in on the Sunday, great fun :)

Loads of stalls and demos, caught up with some mates, came away with another Ben Orford spoon knife, GB hand hatchet, some leather and some flint knapping gear and stuff, none of which I intended !!!

Could have been worse though, was very, very tempted with Tim's puukko knives at Greenmanknives.com, fantastic quality and workmanship and you couldn't find a nicer more helpful guy to talk about sharpening, sheath making, knives etc. I managed to resist on this occasion, but once you have seen his work up close and handled them, I think it's just a matter of time before one finds it's way over here :)

I really should get better organised and stay over next time, looks like a lot of fun is had in the evenings too when the day visitors have gone !

No pics though sadly, I was too busy taking everything in :)

Cheers, Paul

Last edited:

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I went and it was all fine and dandy. A fair bit of decent kit hidden amongst the tat too. Didn't get to see the demonstrations as I was working on the kid's den building but overall I found it to be an enjoyable weekend. Next year I will face the dilemma of doing a full Bushmoot or leaving the moot early to do both events...

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
I was there on Friday,

This guy who made this stuff just blow me away.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Deer-woodlands-bag-040-225x300.jpg
    Deer-woodlands-bag-040-225x300.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 161

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
Had a ball at TWG 15 along with my 8 yr old son Jed, lots to see and do along with the usual wallet emptying temptations.

We spent the evenings in Dave Budd's man crèche so thanks all the good folk who frequented this year......

Glen

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Had a great time as ever....I seem to have moved on from spending (though not entirely !) to enjoying catching up with people from here and elsewhere and admiring the crafting skills. Always good to come away with a project list....

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Was my first full weekend, normally just a day visitor) and first time helping on a stand (Wilderness Survival Skills).

Was great to see everyone that came past.

It was also my 6yr olds first full weekend (at the WG that is) and would like thank everyone that helped contribute to her having a very enjoyable weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
Need to start a thread for the 2016 gathering. Going to be a bit of a change for me, this year I won't have the kids..
Will miss having the kids there, but have never drank much of the cider or stayed up for the bands.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE