Whoes near me?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Hi Lodian

Im across at Kinloss. Quite a lot of empty woodland around here. Check out the Dava and Speyside Way's both are nice old railway walks that have pretty much returned to nature. Lots of mixed woodland and up onto the heather moor's. The trails go all the way from the coast to Grantown on Spey.
In the Darnaway Estate near Forres there is a large area of Beech woodland somthing that is quite uncommon up here. Culbin and Roseisle Forests are good for walks but quite uniform species wise (pine) so perhaps less intresting, there are more people here too. Having said that once a few minutes out from the carparks its rare to see anyone.

Cheers Ed

Ironside

Tenderfoot
Oct 15, 2008
New Deer, Aberdeenshire
Hi Lodian,
I am a bit further East towards Fraserburgh,New Deer. I am just getting to know my way around as well. Limaed's suggestions sound good. The woodland South of Buckie looks good on the map, will put up a post once I have been to have a look.
Craig

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE